Luxuriate in Bucks at a completely refurbished country mansion
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Superior room with a view
Revel in a scenic stay at a historic and completely revamped country mansion near The Chilterns, with full English breakfast and dinner allowance included
- Immerse yourself in country delights and historic sights with this rural retreat, situated in the beautiful De Vere Latimer Estate. The walls here hold plenty of secrets, as the estate's intriguing history includes a role in military intelligence during World War II. Channel your inner aristocrat with a glass of bubbly on the library’s balcony.
- Set in the Chiltern Hills in Buckinghamshire, there’s plenty more greenery to enjoy once you’ve wandered through every inch of the 30-acre gardens. Head into The Chilterns’ Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty for knock-your-socks-off scenery, or amble along a riverside trail in Chess Valley.
- However you spend your days, you’ll want to work up an appetite for dinner in the inspiring 1838 Restaurant, with its Instagram-worthy design that brings the outdoors in. Mains here include tasty pan-fried sustainable sea bream and seared king scallops, as well as ale-braised blades of beef with Dijon creamed potatoes.
- Indoor pool
- Air conditioning
How to get there
The estate is just a short taxi ride from the Metropolitan tube line at Chalfont and Latimer. Junction 18 of the M25 is also a five-minute drive away, if you’d rather come by car. There is on-site parking available.
Good to know
There are facilities available for guests with disabilities. Pets are not allowed.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Spend your days taking riverside walks or seeking out local villages and authentic country pubs. Watford is close by and there are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants to explore. There is also the much-celebrated Harry Potter studio tour - great for kids and adults alike.
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.