Escape to a Welsh country hotel near Chester and Wrexham
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
A peaceful stay at a 19th-century country hotel near Chester, including breakfast and optional three-course dinner
- Set in five acres of landscaped grounds, this gracious Grade II-listed hotel in the England-Wales border village of Rossett is very much the quintessential country retreat. Best of all, Hallmark Hotel Wrexham Llyndir Hall is just seven miles from Chester – the Roman city that delights with its 2,000-year-old walls, supersized Roman Amphitheatre and magnificent cathedral that dates back to 1092. The hotel has scooped a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- Creative cuisine with a Welsh flair is the focus of hotel's stylish Hallmark Grill. Open daily for dinner, it offers a comforting menu featuring the likes of Hallmark fish pie, Somerset brie and beetroot tart, garlic king shrimps and more, while the lounge bar is on hand for light bites and afternoon tea. Guests can also enjoy a choice of breakfasts each morning, from 7-10am on weekdays and 8-10.30am on weekends.
- The Secret Sanctuary offers an extensive menu of treatments and therapies using aromatic and organic products. There’s also a 12-metre indoor pool, a sauna, solarium, fitness classes, and a well-equipped gym for workouts.
- Lounge bar
- Afternoon tea
How to get there
If travelling by car, Llyndir Hall is off Junction 16 on the M6 from the south and off Junction 20A on the M6 from the north. Alternatively, Chester railway station is just a 20-minute drive from the hotel.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Further thrills include exploring the city aboard an open-top or heritage bus, marvelling at the huge Roman Amphitheatre, and touring the magnificent Chester Cathedral that was originally a monastery.
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.