Bed down within a centuries-old castle in North Wales
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -51% today
Book your escape now before it's too late...
Castle Luxury room
A historic, award-winning former royal residence in North Wales – includes breakfast, a spa discount, optional dinner or cream tea and more
- Dating back over 700 years, and with previous owners including Edward I, Henry VII and Elizabeth I, Ruthin Castle Hotel & Spa is a residence truly fit for royalty. Set in acres of immaculate gardens and sprawling woodland, behind its ivy-clad façade, you'll find classic features and furnishings.
- Nestled in the rustic woodland of the ancient moat, The Moat Spa offers a thermal suite and gym, and is committed to using natural processes and locally sourced ingredients in its treatments, alongside quality Caudalie and Jessica products.
- Bertie’s Restaurant serves gourmet, pan-European influenced fare in a dramatic setting. For cream tea, pick a leather sofa in the oak-panelled Library Bar. On selected dates, unique medieval banquets are held, inspired by the Earl of Warwick's legendary 16th-century feasts hosted on these grounds.
- Library Bar
- 24-hour room service
- iPod docking station in each room
How to get there
From Birmingham and the south: from the M6 join the M54 towards Telford. At the end of the M54, join the A5 and follow signs for North Wales and Llangollen. At Llangollen, turn right into the town centre, crossing the river, and then left at the T-junction. Follow signs for Ruthin - leading across the Horseshoe Pass - go straight over the next roundabout, then turn left at the T-junction. Stay on this road travelling through the Nant-y-Garth Pass, continuing to follow signs for Ruthin.
Liverpool John Lennon airport is 45 miles away and Manchester International airport 48 miles away. Car hire is available at both.
Good to know
It is advisable to contact the hotel to check for any events during your stay, as public areas are likely to be busy and musical entertainment can last until 1am.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.